What you need to know when hiring a coach
First and foremost, be clear with what you want. Identify exactly what you want to achieve in your coaching journey. Why do you want to hire a coach? If you don’t know, then your coaching objective would be – I want to reach my next level of growth, however I’m not exactly sure what that looks like or even how to do so. And you would bring that to your coach.
Now begin your interview process. Get a sense of their overall vibe, personality, coaching style, expertise. When you’re talking to them, how does it feel in your body? Trust your instinct.
Have a list of questions ready to ask them.
Some questions to consider:
- How long have you been a coach for?
- What’s your speciality?
- This is what I’m looking to be coached on _____, how do you see yourself helping me with that?
- Can you give me examples of transformations / results you’ve helped facilitate in your clients?
- How would you describe yourself as a coach?
- This is who I am _____, have you helped other people like me before?
- Can you tell me about your coaching process? How does your program work? Cost? What exactly do I get?
- Why is your coaching program designed this way?
- What type of person do you serve best? Would you consider me a good fit for you?
Be sure to read testimonials on their website.
Lastly, do you feel open and ready? You’ll always experience barriers to change (it’s a natural part of being human). However, do you feel more openness and excitement than resistance? If so, you’re absolutely coachable, and if you find a great coach, you’ll definitely get results.
Are you blocking your